This post is for those who are interested in submitting their manuscript to Precious Hearts Romances. I know there are a lot of people who want their manuscripts to be published but just don't know how. So here's a little something that might help you. :)
- Font Style/Size. There's really no particular style or size required to use when writing a manuscript. You can use any style/size as long as it's legible and easy to read. For me, I use Calibri and font size 12.
- Spacing. Again, you can use any type of spacing as long as it makes the manuscript easier to read. For me, I use 1.5 spacing.
- Number of Pages. Honestly, you don't have to worry about this. There's really no required number of pages.
- Word Count. Many people would say that the word count should be 23K-24K but trust me on this, it's not really a must. As long as the story is 10 chapters long and the words won't be less than 20K, then you're good to go. I've written several manuscripts that were only 21K-22K long and those manuscripts were approved. So believe me when I say you don't have to strictly follow the 23K-24K words rule. EDITED: Now you can submit stories that are up to 240K words long. As long as your story is good, no matter how long it is, they will accept it.
- Submission. Now, after you're done with your story, you can submit it to
firstname.lastname@example.org. They will give you a reply saying you should follow up the result after a month. Do as they say and just wait for the result of your manuscript. EDITED: The old email no longer works. So you can send your manuscript at email@example.com.
I hope this post will help those aspiring Tagalog romance writers out there. If you really wish to be a writer then don't just say you want to be one, back it up with some action. Because just as the adage say, a dream will always remain a dream unless you do something to fulfill it.