Thursday, August 22, 2013

My Top 5 Yaoi Mangaka

I've been a yaoi fan for, I don't know, maybe five, six years now.  My first encounter with yaoi  was during my fourth year in high school.  Honestly, it really gross me out at first.  I was in a computer shop with my friend and a group of students was watching Gravitation.  It was really quite a shock, seeing two men kissed.  It made me want to puke.  But then a year later, when I was bored I decided to watch a yaoi anime.  It was the OVA of Papa to Kiss in the Dark.  I don't know what kind of miracle happened, but it really didn't gross me out like the first time.  Instead, I kind of like it.  And that's the start of everything.  I slowly became hook until I became addicted.  

Anyway, here's my top 5 yaoi mangaka.  Enjoy reading about them!

5.  Minami Haruka - She's the first mangaka that I got really hooked on.  She's known for her ultra cute ukes and semes.  Her ukes are really girly looking, and her semes can be considered as an uke in another manga because of the cute way she draws.  Her artwork gives you this fluffy feeling.  You just can't help but like it.  Her drawing style is really clean, unlike some other yaoi mangas.  You can easily see and understand what the two characters are doing.  Her story was not really the one that attracted me to her works.  Her mangas were usually really short.  It's her artwork that really pulled me in.  I just love the way she draws her characters.  
 


4. Piyoko Chitose - I first experienced the phrase 'two hot men doing it' in Piyoko-sensei's works.  I just love the way she draws her ukes and semes.  Both of them looked hot and really sexy.  Just like Minami-sensei, her stories are usually short and just always revolve around sex.  LOL.  But there's nothing cute about the way she draws.  Her style is dirty, and a hell of a lot sexy.   



3. Junko - The main thing I love about Junko-sensei's works is her storyline.  It's heartwarming and you can really feel the love of the uke and the seme for each other.  Her characters can't really be considered cute or sexy, but their faces were really expressive.  I just love the way they blush and the expression on their faces whenever they're doing it.  Haha!  



2. Yamane Ayano - Yamano-sensei is probably one of the most famous yaoi mangakas in Japan.  All of her works are really popular.  Not that I find it weird, since her artworks are really amazing and one of the best.  If Piyoko-sensei's works are hot and sexy, then Yamano-sensei's are hotter and sexier.  Her semes are really, really freaking hot, as in capital H.O.T.  They're domineering and possessive and you just want to be engulfed in their embrace.  My personal favorite is her Love in the Viewfinder series.  Asami is one heck of a seme.  And the sex, God, the sex is just unbelievable.  It will really make you sweat.  Haha!

       


1. Nakamura Shungiku - Nakamura-sensei is my number 1 because I just love Junjou Romantica and Sekaiichi Hatsukoi.  Her works are just so heartfelt that you can personally feel each characters struggles.  You will cry with them, laugh with them, and fall in love with them.  Every time I watched Junjou or Sekaiichi, my heart would just race like it would burst any minute.  It would flutter and jump all over the place whenever there's a sweet scene.  I don't even care about the sex, the story line itself was enough to make me want for more.  That's why I really, really love her works.  :)


    

And that's the end of my list.  Now, you had a glimpse inside my dirty mind.  LOL.  I'm really glad that I changed my perception on yaoi.  I can't even believe that there was a time in my life when I hated yaoi.  Now I can proudly say that I'm a fujoshi.  I don't think that it's something that I should be ashamed of.  I mean, all people have something they like right?  I guess my taste is just a bit off the normal grid, but who cares?  I just love yaoi. <3

(P.S. Sorry for some of the explicit pictures.)  
Reactions:

7 comments:

  1. oh god I love Yamano sensei and Nakamura sensei too >////////<
    and the reason is just the same as yours :3 :3 :3
    Have you ever read any works of Takanaga Hinako sensei or Nekota You sensei???
    :">

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi!! this is the first time I read this so sorry for the late reply. >_< anyways, yes!!! I've read and watched Takanaga-sensei's Koisoru Boukun. I super love the artwork and the tsundere uke. hahaha! I haven't read any of Nekota-sensei's works though. :)

      Delete
  2. I love Yamane-sensei, she is my third favorite because seriously, Asami is hot as hell, and Feilong, like WOW, he is so damn beautiful. My two personal favorites are Ogeretsu Tanaka and Ogawa Chise though, they both have great plot lines and their styles are a little more unique than Yamane-sensei's style where quite a few characters look similar. Kanda Neko is also a really great mangaka.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yamane Ayano,Nakamura shinguku and Junko also my favorite artists.
    Also Natsume İsaku,Ogawa Chise and Takarai Rhito awesome artists :D
    I love Bl

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think we are the same cause i use to feel disgusting watching two man
    kissing and i also start loving yaoi when i was in my last year in high school i mean the summer at first i said that is imposible two hooking up seriously
    but after watching Junjou Romantica and Sekaiichi Hatsukoi the love prize it just made wanting more even through i hate reading but trust when i say i can read about thousand papers only if it involve boy love

    ReplyDelete